After researching many top 10 lists from other journalists, doctors and researchers, here are my 10 daily habits for optimal health and happiness.
1) Drink lots of water, 8 glasses per day.
2) Eat 3 to 5 clean, light, organic (whenever possible) and balanced meals. Consume fresh juices and foods rich in antioxidants.
3) Breathe fresh air. Take some time to enjoy the outdoors, the sun, the breeze or a great view.
4) Practice good oral hygiene, brush your teeth for 2 mins, twice daily and floss.
5) Be active, make physical activity part of your daily routine. Exercise 20 – 30 mins. always include cardio and strength training.
6) Practice your passion, spend 30 -60 mins on what you love – music, art, dance, etc.
7) Protect your skin from the sun, always wear sunscreen on your face, neck and hands.
8) Spend quality time with your family and friends.
9) Get enough sleep so your body and mind have time to rest and recover.
10) Be productive. Get something done for yourself, or do something for other people.
What are your favorite daily habits that bring you happiness? I would be interested in learning some from you!